Subject: [IGSMAIL-2381] Bernese RINEX converters and GPS week rollover
From: W. Gurtner
Date: Thu, 22 Jul 1999 8:04:55 PDT

******************************************************************************
IGS Electronic Mail      Thu Jul 22  8:04:55 PDT 1999      Message Number 2381
******************************************************************************

Author: W. Gurtner
Subject: Bernese RINEX converters and GPS week rollover

To the Users
of the Bernese RINEX Converters for Turborogue, Trimble and Ashtech Data
************************************************************************

Dear colleagues,

the RINEX converters RGRINEX?, ASRINEX?, and TRRINEX? as well as the
concatenation programs CCRINEX? have been checked in view of the upcoming
GPS week rollover. I had some simulated raw data for Trimble and Ashtech
data available for tests. I have modified the programs to properly deal
with these files and I have tried to make the programs more robust against
unexpected problems with this week rollover. Whenever a GPS week is encountered
in the raw or rinexed data it is tested against a value defining the correct
interval provided the user prepares a simple file containing the corresponding
value (interval = value-512 ... value+511).

I have put the latest versions of the programs as DOS executables as well as
the FORTRAN sources for UNIX workstations to

Address:   UBECLU.UNIBE.CH
Directory: aiub$ftp/pcrinex
Files:     386rnx1.zip and 386rnx2.zip (DOS executables)
           ???.f (Fortran source)

Please read also paragraph 2.7 in the text file PCRINEX.TXT.

Do not hesitate to contact me in the next 10 days if you have questions.

I will be on vacation from August 5 till 19, but back in time to monitor
the rollover...

Best regards

Werner Gurtner

[Mailed From: [email-masked] (WERNER GURTNER)]