Subject: [IGSMAIL-2377] Solar eclipse on 11 August 1999 - any questions?
From: Dr. Joachim Feltens
Date: Fri, 16 Jul 1999 4:58:50 PDT

******************************************************************************
IGS Electronic Mail      Fri Jul 16  4:58:50 PDT 1999      Message Number 2377
******************************************************************************

Author: Dr. Joachim Feltens
Subject: Solar eclipse on 11 August 1999 - any questions?

subject: Solar eclipse on 11 August 1999.

Dr. Joachim Feltens                                 Darmstadt, 16 July 1999
IGS Ionosphere Working Group Chairman
EDS at ESOC-FDD
Robert-Bosch-Strasse 5
D-64293 Darmstadt
GERMANY

Subject: Solar eclipse on 11 August 1999 - any questions?

Dear IGS colleagues, dear colleagues from the ground stations,

on 17 June I sent around an e-mail asking you for 1sec (or other high rate)
tracking of GPS (and/or possibly GLONASS) receivers at your ground stations
during the upcoming solar eclipse event on 11 August.

On 23 June I circulated another e-mail explaining how to deliver the data
to the IGS Global Data Center at CDDIS and forwarding information from
Ms. Carey Noll about the directories established at CDDIS by her for these
solar eclipse data, userids needed at CDDIS, etc.

After these two e-mails I got several messages telling me that quite a lot
of IGS ground stations intent to do high sampling rate tracking on the
11 August. So, many thanks to all of you!

We are now closer than one month to the upcoming solar eclipse event. Are
there still questions from your side which might be answered by me or by
Ms. Carey Noll?
                          [email-masked]
                          [email-masked]

Might there for certain receiver types tests be performed prior to the
11 August to see how they behave in high rate tracking mode? So, if you
should have questions or things to be cleared up, please let me know (be-
fore the 11 August of course!).

Best regards              Joachim

[Mailed From: ESA]