Subject: [IGSMAIL-2373] ITRF97 coordinates
From: AC Coordinator
Date: Wed, 14 Jul 1999 5:03:22 PDT

******************************************************************************
IGS Electronic Mail      Wed Jul 14  5:03:22 PDT 1999      Message Number 2373
******************************************************************************

Author: AC Coordinator
Subject: ITRF97 coordinates

Dear Colleagues,

As you are all aware (hopefully), starting on August 1, 1999 (GPS week 1021)
all the IGS products will be based on the ITRF-97.

Because of this change a file containing the, slightly revised,
set of (51) IGS reference stations has been prepared by Zuheir Altamimi
and Remi Ferland. This file is now available at the IGS CB Archives,
in the well now SINEX format, at the following location:

   ftp://igscb.jpl.nasa.gov/igscb/station/general/ITRF97_IGS_RS51.SNX

A compressed version (ITRF97_IGS_RS51.SNX.Z) is also available at the
same location.

Around August 1, 1999 I will try to summarize and distribute the expected
changes in the IGS products as caused by the change in the terrestrial
reference frame (going from ITRF-96 to ITRF-97).

Kind Regards,
         Tim Springer

ps The complete set of ITRF97 coordinates may be found at:
   ftp://lareg.ensg.ign.fr/pub/itrf/itrf97

-- 

 -----------------------------------------------------------------------------
 Tim Springer                      Astronomical Institute, University of Berne 
 [email-masked]            Sidlerstrasse 5, CH-3012 Bern, Switzerland  
 http://www.cx.unibe.ch/aiub/      Tel: +41 31 6318592    Fax: +41 31 6313869
 http://ftp.unibe.ch/aiub
 -----------------------------------------------------------------------------

[Mailed From: Tim Springer <[email-masked]>]