Subject: [IGSMAIL-2365] GPS satellite Y2K testing OVER!
From: Angelyn Moore
Date: Tue, 13 Jul 1999 9:24:07 PDT

******************************************************************************
IGS Electronic Mail      Tue Jul 13  9:24:07 PDT 1999      Message Number 2365
******************************************************************************

Author: Angelyn Moore
Subject: GPS satellite Y2K testing OVER!

Dear Colleagues,

As many operators can confirm, another round of testing was completed on 
July 7,8,9, and 10 0600-1100Z.  I spoke this morning to Bart Ewers of 
Schriever AFB, and he apologized for not getting out advanced word of 
this set while he was out of the office for several days.  He told me that 
this concludes the rollover testing of the GPS constellation.

Some other optimization tests are in store for the satellites, but
similar tests occured in Feb-Mar 1998, and I can find no record of any
related problems in the IGSMail archives.

Best regards,
Angie
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 Angelyn W. Moore, Ph.D.              Deputy Director, IGS Central Bureau 
 JPL/Caltech                                 [email-masked]
 4800 Oak Grove Dr. MS 238-540                     voice: +1 818 354 5434 
 Pasadena CA 91109 USA   http://igscb.jpl.nasa.gov   fax: +1 818 393 6686

[Mailed From: "Angelyn W. Moore" <[email-masked]>]