Subject: [IGSMAIL-2362] JPL Planned Power Outage
From: Dave Stowers
Date: Thu, 8 Jul 1999 14:14:01 PDT

******************************************************************************
IGS Electronic Mail      Thu Jul  8 14:14:01 PDT 1999      Message Number 2362
******************************************************************************

Author: Dave Stowers
Subject: JPL Planned Power Outage

Dear Colleagues,

Preventive maintenance will be performed at JPL on major electrical
service. This will shut down all power to the building which houses
many of JPL's GPS related data processing systems.

Scheduled period of power outage:

Sat., July 10, 6:00 a.m. to 4:45 p.m. PDT

Most or many systems will be brought down Friday evening.

In the event that the outage becomes extended or data handling systems
experience difficulty in returning to service, a backup mechanism to
collect raw GPS ground data, and to export daily RINEX data to CDDIS will
be on standby at UNAVCO. The backup mechanism has been exercised for
several months and we wish to acknowledge UNAVCO's efforts to prepare
for this outage.

JPL IGS Analysis Center activities will be curtailed from Friday evening
until power is restored and systems are brought up.

The IGS CBIS, igscb.jpl.nasa.gov, is also affected by this outage.
Please direct inquiries regarding the CBIS to: [email-masked]

-dave

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
David Stowers,  JPL/Caltech,  Satellite Geodesy and Geodynamics Systems
4800 Oak Grove Drive, M/S 238-600, Pasadena, CA, USA
Tel. +1 818-354-7055, fax +1 818-393-4965, E-mail [email-masked]
-----------------------------------------------------------------------

[Mailed From: Dave Stowers <[email-masked]>]