Subject: [IGSMAIL-2360] Updated site logs for KOSG, WSRT and NTUS
From: Boudewijn Ambrosius (DEOS/DUT)
Date: Thu, 8 Jul 1999 9:38:58 PDT

******************************************************************************
IGS Electronic Mail      Thu Jul  8  9:38:58 PDT 1999      Message Number 2360
******************************************************************************

Author: Boudewijn Ambrosius (DEOS/DUT)
Subject: Updated site logs for KOSG, WSRT and NTUS

Today, updated site logs for KOSG, WSRT and NTUS have been submitted
to make them compliant with the new naming conventions for the antennas.
Similar corrections to the RINEX headers of these stations will become
effective as of tomorrow (day 190).

Please note that KOSG and WSRT are equipped with a conical radome made
of polyester. These are specimens of one of the earliest radome designs,
which was developed in the Netherlands in the early 90's. The same radomes
have also been used in the Swedish network, but it seems these have been
replaced later on. It is not clear to me if the OSOD type, identified in the
latest rcvr_ant.tbl, refers to the old design or to some new design. In
the latter case, it may be necessary to define an additional type for
the KOSG and WSRT radomes. For the time being, I have used the generic
DOME identifier for these two stations.

For completeness: The NTUS station is NOT equipped with a radome.

Boudewijn

[Mailed From: Boudewijn Ambrosius <[email-masked]>]