Subject: [IGSMAIL-2351] USGS-SCIGN RINEX headers
From: Jeff Behr
Date: Sat, 3 Jul 1999 20:21:57 PDT

******************************************************************************
IGS Electronic Mail      Sat Jul  3 20:21:57 PDT 1999      Message Number 2351
******************************************************************************

Author: Jeff Behr
Subject: USGS-SCIGN RINEX headers

USGS-Pasadena has enabled RINEX header creation with the latest
IGS receiver/antenna/dome codes for 73 SCIGN sites effective doy
184, 1999 (July 3).  We expect there will be remaining conflicts 
because of the limited time we could dedicate to the changeover.

SCIGN is undergoing a large number of receiver swaps due to com-
plications involved in upgrading to W1K-rollover compliant firmware, 
continuing swap-outs of failing and noisy receivers and antennae, 
and upgrade and installation of domes by the site contractor.  For 
these reasons, and because of recent issues with the site logs gen-
erated at SIO, our first focus will be on making the RINEX headers 
accurate, then updating the information in the SCIGN database/SCIGN 
site logs as the opportunity becomes available.  

For those who use this data, please let me know of conflicts and/or 
errors in the headers.  Send them to [email-masked].

Thanks to Paul Jamason and Michael Scharber at SIO for generating an 
IGS code set for our stations and Shannon Van Wyk here at USGS for 
helping to validate and correct as much of it as possible.

Long live the IGS,

Jeff

*******************************************************************
Jeff Behr
SCIGN Operations Center                 TEL: (626) 583-7816
US Geological Survey                    FAX: (626) 583-7827
525 S. Wilson Ave.
Pasadena, CA 91106                      [email-masked]
*******************************************************************

[Mailed From: Jeff Behr <[email-masked]>]