Subject: [IGSMAIL-2348] Site logs from SCIGN array sites
From: Angelyn Moore
Date: Thu, 1 Jul 1999 14:04:32 PDT

******************************************************************************
IGS Electronic Mail      Thu Jul  1 14:04:32 PDT 1999      Message Number 2348
******************************************************************************

Author: Angelyn Moore
Subject: Site logs from SCIGN array sites

Dear IGS Colleagues,

To assist SCIGN with simplification of their site log maintenance 
procedures, we are considering ceasing to keep active site logs at IGSCB 
for many of the Southern California sites which have been transferred 
to the SCIGN array, under the assumption that they are not in active
use by IGS analysts.

As far as I can tell, only MONP has been used by IGS ACs other than SIO 
in recent products.  The active MONP log would therefore continue to be 
housed at the IGS CB, and therefore, MONP information will continue to
appear in the igs.snx template.

The sites which would be removed are:
AZU1 BILL BLYT BRAN CHIL CIT1 CLAR CMP9 COSO CSN1 CRFP DAM1 DAM2 DHLG
HOLC HOLP LEEP LONG MATH MONP OAT2 PIN1 PIN2 PVEP ROCH ROCK SCIP SIO3
SNI1 SPK1 TABL TORP TRAK UCLP USC1 VNDP WHC1 WIDC WLSN

Please contact me as soon as possible if removal of these logs from
the IGS CBIS (and therefore removal of these sites from igs.snx)
would badly affect your IGS analysis.   If you do use data from these 
sites, you may wish to experiement with obtaining the logs directly from 
SCIGN (starting at www.scign.org there is a link for site logs) and 
determine whether you find any difficulties.

Of course this is a request for comment and if this plan would
negatively impact IGS analysis, we will not proceed.  Please do send
any comments as soon as possible.

Best regards,
Angie
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 Angelyn W. Moore, Ph.D.              Deputy Director, IGS Central Bureau 
 JPL/Caltech                                 [email-masked]
 4800 Oak Grove Dr. MS 238-540                     voice: +1 818 354 5434 
 Pasadena CA 91109 USA   http://igscb.jpl.nasa.gov   fax: +1 818 393 6686

[Mailed From: "Angelyn W. Moore" <[email-masked]>]