Subject: [IGSMAIL-232] Distribution of IGSMAIL and IGSREPORT
From: W. Gurtner
Date: 2 APR 1993 17:43:37

IGS Electronic Mail        2-APR-1993 17:43:37       Message Number 232
***********************************************************************

From:   W. Gurtner
Subj.:  Distribution of IGSMAIL and IGSREPORT
---------------------------------------------

Dear colleagues,

in order to reduce the volume of IGS-generated E-mails we discussed at
the IGS workshop in Berne several options and came up with the following
solutions:

1)  IGSMAIL:  We will continue to distribute the MAILs as before.

    However: WE KINDLY ASK YOU TO SEND US A MESSAGE IF YOU WANT US TO
             TAKE YOU FROM OUR DISTRIBUTION LIST (and not just invoke
             a local erase program).

2)  IGSREPORTS: We will continue to distribute them by mail to 

                - processing centers
                - data centers

                only.

    The reports, as well as the index file, will be or already are available 
    (at least) at the following centers through ftp:

    Institution          Internet       User       Directory

    Univ. of Berne       130.92.4.10    anonymous  [ASTRONOMY.IGSREPORT]
    CDDIS                128.183.10.141 igs        GPS3:[IGSREPORT]
    IGN                  192.33.147.225 igs        IGS$REPORTS
    IfAG                 141.74.240.1   anonymous  IGSREPORT (uppercase!)

    If somebody does not have access to Internet or has other good reasons
    why he/she wants us to continue please let us know.

These new guidelines will be followed beginning mid April.

Kind regards,

Werner Gurtner.