Subject: [IGSMAIL-2318] Solar eclipse on 11 August 1999 - data delivery to CDDIS.
From: Dr. Joachim Feltens
Date: Wed, 23 Jun 1999 7:53:21 PDT

******************************************************************************
IGS Electronic Mail      Wed Jun 23  7:53:21 PDT 1999      Message Number 2318
******************************************************************************

Author: Dr. Joachim Feltens
Subject: Solar eclipse on 11 August 1999 - data delivery to CDDIS.

subject: Solar eclipse on 11 August 1999 - data delivery to CDDIS.

Dr. Joachim Feltens                                 Darmstadt, 23 June 1999
IGS Ionosphere Working Group Chairman
EDS at ESOC-FDD
Robert-Bosch-Strasse 5
D-64293 Darmstadt
GERMANY

Subject: Solar eclipse on 11 August 1999 - data delivery to CDDIS.

Dear IGS colleagues, dear colleagues from the ground stations,

Ms. Carey Noll has set up a directory at CDDIS where to retrieve the
high sampling rate GPS tracking data from the solar eclipse campaign on
11 August 1999 (99223):

The main directory at CDDIS is /gps/99eclipse/99223

  with the subdirectories /99d for the compressed compact RINEX obs files,
                          /99m for the compressed RINEX met files,
                          /99n for the compressed RINEX nav files,
                          /99o for the compressed RINEX obs files,
                          /99s for compressed summary files for the
stations;
                               these will be created CDDIS-internally.

This filesystem is accessible (for data file reading) to users via
anonymous
ftp:
     [email-masked]

Ms. Noll will formulate readme files, etc. and put those into the main
directory /gps/99eclipse .

You should deposit your high sampling rate tracking data to the username
"igsin" in the directory ~igsin/datain on host "cddisa.gsfc.nasa.gov"; you
need to contact Ms. Noll via e-mail to get a password:

[email-masked]

The data you're depositing here will then be copied to the above stated
filesystem, i.e all data are delivered to the place ~igsin/datain and then
copied from there to the public disk area /gps/99eclipse/99223/... .

Best regards              Joachim

[Mailed From: [email-masked]]