Subject: [IGSMAIL-2295] More Rollover Tests !
From: Angelyn Moore
Date: Thu, 3 Jun 1999 14:58:52 PDT

******************************************************************************
IGS Electronic Mail      Thu Jun  3 14:58:52 PDT 1999      Message Number 2295
******************************************************************************

Author: Angelyn Moore
Subject: More Rollover Tests !

Dear Colleagues,

The analysis groups at JPL have kindly passed on the following information
regarding more rollover testing in the GPS constellation:

==============================================================================
The Air Force is going to repeat the rollover tests of April, this time with 
SVN 43. They will be formally announced in a NANU message 4 days prior to the 
actual experiment. This is an advanced notice the Air Force was kind enough to 
share with us. It will be nice if we can repay the favor and do some analysis 
on the data. Here is the schedule:

All experiments to take place 05:00 - 20:00 Zulu.

6/22: 2/28 - 2/29, 2000 rollover
6/25,26: 2/29 - 3/1, 2000 rollover (that was the killer in April)
6/28: end of GPS week rollover (Aug 21, 1999)
7/1: 12/31, 1999 rollover.
=============================================================================

Operators whose equipment experienced difficulty in the last round (or who 
suspect they might be susceptible to such disruptions) may wish to disable
tracking of SVN43 during these periods.  IGSMail #2251 details how to
disable tracking of a certain PRN on TurboRogue receivers.

Best regards,
Angie
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 Angelyn W. Moore, Ph.D.              Deputy Director, IGS Central Bureau 
 JPL/Caltech                                 [email-masked]
 4800 Oak Grove Dr. MS 238-540                     voice: +1 818 354 5434 
 Pasadena CA 91109 USA   http://igscb.jpl.nasa.gov   fax: +1 818 393 6686

[Mailed From: "Angelyn W. Moore" <[email-masked]>]