Subject: [IGSMAIL-2260] Data Offload Testing at UNAVCO
From: Natalie Anderson
Date: Wed, 5 May 1999 9:06:34 PDT

******************************************************************************
IGS Electronic Mail      Wed May  5  9:06:34 PDT 1999      Message Number 2260
******************************************************************************

Author: Natalie Anderson
Subject: Data Offload Testing at UNAVCO 

Subject: Data Offload Testing at UNAVCO
 
UNAVCO and JPL are working together in an effort to improve
the reliability of data delivery from many sites used by the
IGS community. Toward that goal, UNAVCO is in the process of
developing a backup data offload capability in the event of
a system failure at JPL.  We will be testing this capability
over the next several months, and anticipate that testing
should not impact users of the data.

During the test periods, UNAVCO will assume responsibility
for downloading raw data, creating RINEX files, and pushing
RINEX files to CDDIS for several stations in week-long
intervals.  In addition, any data acquired by UNAVCO during
the tests or in the event of actual failover, will be
archived in the UNAVCO database.

The first station to be tested will be GODE during the period
May 5-11 (days 125-131).  The next round of stations will
include sites CRO1, GODE, and GUAM during the period
May 13-19 (days 133 - 139).  If you have any questions about
data for these sites during this period, please contact:

Natalie Anderson/UNAVCO
[email-masked]

or

Dave Stowers/JPL
[email-masked]
-- 
Natalie Anderson
UNAVCO
3300 Mitchell Lane
Boulder, CO 80301  USA
[email-masked]
303-497-8004
http://www.unavco.ucar.edu/

[Mailed From: Natalie Anderson <[email-masked]>]