Subject: [IGSMAIL-225] Bern IGS Meetings
From: Gerhard Beutler
Date: 16 MAR 1993 15:20:15

IGS Electronic Mail       16-MAR-1993 15:20:15       Message Number 225
***********************************************************************

From:	Gerhard Beutler
Subj:	Bern IGS Meetings
-------------------------

                                                     Bern, 16 March 1993

IGS Meetings March 24/25/26/27, 1993
------------------------------------

Dear colleagues,

believe it or not : the workshop will begin in about one week. This is
why I include below some hints concerning Bern as a destination.

Moreover it might be of interest for those of you presenting a poster that
the approximate poster size is

    height x length = 1.24 m x 1.83 m

The registration desk (situated in the Institut fuer Exakte Wissenschaften,
Sidlerstrasse 5, Bern) will be opened for registration

Wednesday, 24 March  12:00 - 14:00
                     17:00 - 19:00
Thursday,  25 March  07:30 - 10:00

Let me remind you that the registration fee is SFr. 100.- . We would be most
obliged to you, if you could pay cash !

Also we would appreciate it if you could hand over your paper in the
correct format at the registration desk.

Looking forward to see you next week in Berne, I remain with kind regards

                                                 Yours sincerely

                                                 Gerhard Beutler

**************************************************************************

How to get to Berne:
--------------------

Berne is a rather small town. Everything is pretty close by, and public
transport systems are well developed. You most certainly don't need a
car during the meeting.

If you are flying to Zurich Airport:

  - Pick up your luggage at Zurich Airport (don't check it through to
    Berne)
  - Go to the train station (it's in the airport)
  - Get a train ticket to Berne (take a return ticket if you will leave
    again from Zurich. Major credit cards are accepted.)
  - Take the direct train to Berne (platform 4, every hour at 42 minutes
    after the full hour)
  - It's a 90 minutes ride.

If you are flying to Geneva Airport:

  - Pick up your luggage at Geneva Airport (don't check it through to
    Berne)
  - Go to the train station (it's in the airport)
  - Get a train ticket to Berne (take a return ticket if you will leave
    again from Geneva. Major credit cards are accepted.)
  - Take the direct train to Berne (every hour at 48 minutes
    after the full hour)
  - It's a 120 minutes ride.

In Berne you will find taxis in front of the train station. Follow the
signs.

If you are flying to Berne Airport (It really does exist! But there are
VERY few flights!):

  - Take a shuttle bus or a taxi to downtown Berne. It takes you about
    15 minutes.

**************************************************************************