Subject: [IGSMAIL-2243] TurboRogue offload problems for data after 13
From: Herb Dragert
Date: Sun, 25 Apr 1999 21:47:02 PDT

IGS Electronic Mail      Sun Apr 25 21:47:02 PDT 1999      Message Number 2243
******************************************************************************

Author: Herb Dragert
Subject: TurboRogue offload problems for data after 13:00UT, Apr.25.

We have experienced a major problem in trying to retrieve data from all of
our Turbo Rogue receivers. The sites affected are ALBX, DRAO, WILL, WHIT,
FLIN, DUBO, UCLU, NANO, WSLR, and CHWK.

Data offloaded from all of these sites stop at 13:00:30 UT, Apr. 25.
However, all receivers appear to be tracking well and an examination of
their flashcards shows no gaps in data collection. Nevertheless, any
offload request for data after the above noted time results in the message
"No Data Found" . I suspect an error in the epoch time of observed data at
13:01 has resulted in this condition on all of our receivers. In support of
this suspicion, a "readfc  -g" command on these receivers reports that the
current GPS day to which data are being written is "1007/2 Tuesday".

Consequently, we have not yet forwarded our incomplete data sets for Apr.
25 for our sites to IGS in the hope that we can still recover the missing
data. 

We apologize for any inconveniences that this generates and we hope to
restore normal operations as soon as possible. If  anyone else has
encountered this problem and found a solution, please let me know ASAP.

Herb Dragert
Pacific Geoscience Centre
[email-masked]

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Herb Dragert                                        Office:   (250) 363-6447
Pacific Geoscience Centre                    Fax:      (250) 363-6565
9860 West Saanich Road                     Email:   [email-masked]
Sidney, B.C.   V8L 4B2	        WEB Page:    http://www.pgc.nrcan.gc.ca
Canada			                       
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

[Mailed From: Herb Dragert <[email-masked]>]