Subject: [IGSMAIL-2234] Posting of Rinex files for a BenchMark receiver at ALBH
From: Herb Dragert
Date: Mon, 12 Apr 1999 17:00:56 PDT

******************************************************************************
IGS Electronic Mail      Mon Apr 12 17:00:56 PDT 1999      Message Number 2234
******************************************************************************

Author: Herb Dragert
Subject: Posting of Rinex files for a BenchMark receiver at ALBH

In order to allow  the study of differences between P2 code
observations as reported by the standard TurboRogue (SNR-8000)
compared to the newer AOA BenchMark ACT receiver by anyone
who wishes to investigate potential problems, we have begun posting 
Rinex files on CDDIS for the pseudo-station ALBX.

The data for ALBX are from an AOA BENCHMARK ACT receiver
that has been placed in parallel (i.e. split off the same antenna)
with the TurboRogue receiver that generates the nominal data
stream for the station ALBH (Victoria, B.C., Canada). Both receivers
are using the same Cesium clock as external frequency reference.

The observables contained in the current respective data files
are as follows:

For ALBH (TurboRogue SNR-8100):
           C1      = C/A code at L1 freq.
           L1(C1)  = C/A-based phase at L1 freq.
           P2'     = codeless pseudorange at L2 freq.
           L2'     = cross-correlated phase at L2 freq.
Recall that the P2' pseudorange-type observable and the L2' phase
are actually formed by a process which tracks the cross-correlated
(P2-P1) pseudorange and the (L2-L1) phase differences:
           P2' = C1 + (P2-P1)
           L2' = L1(C1) + (L2(P2)-L1(P1))

For ALBX (AOA BENCHMARK ACT):
           C1      = C/A code at L1 freq.
           L1(C1)  = C/A-based phase at L1 freq.
           P1      = Y1-codeless pseudorange at L1 freq.
           P2      = Y2-codeless pseudorange at L2 freq.
           L2(P2)  = Y2-codeless-based phase at L2 freq.
Note that L1 phase contained in the ALBX files is based on the C/A
code tracking extracted from the Turbo Binary offload of the data
using the "-aoa tbY" option of UNAVCO's "teqc" program.(The default
Conan Binary offload of the data, or using older Rinex conversion programs
such as "tbconvert" provided by AOA will produce the L1 phase observable
based on Y1-codeless tracking.)

In addition, the ALBX rinex files contain the observables S1 and S2
which are the SNR's for the Y1-codeless and Y2-codeless tracking
respectively. Also, the ALBX data track satellites down to 5 degrees
elevation, whereas the ALBH data has an elevation cut-off of 10 degrees.

By posting data for the BenchMark receiver at Albert Head as well as the
standard TurboRogue, we hope that more groups will be able to investigate
the impact of P2 bias between these two receiver types. Further questions
concerning this new data stream can be directed to:

Herb Dragert
Pacific Geoscience Centre
[email-masked]

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Herb Dragert                                        Office:   (250) 363-6447
Pacific Geoscience Centre                    Fax:      (250) 363-6565
9860 West Saanich Road                     Email:   [email-masked]
Sidney, B.C.   V8L 4B2	        WEB Page:    http://www.pgc.nrcan.gc.ca
Canada			                       
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

[Mailed From: Herb Dragert <[email-masked]>]