Subject: [IGSMAIL-2231] Future update of rcvr_ant.tab
From: Angelyn Moore
Date: Fri, 9 Apr 1999 15:27:10 PDT

******************************************************************************
IGS Electronic Mail      Fri Apr  9 15:27:10 PDT 1999      Message Number 2231
******************************************************************************

Author: Angelyn Moore
Subject: Future update of rcvr_ant.tab

Dear IGS Colleagues,

The Infrastructure Committee has provided the Central Bureau with a
list of approved equipment names to (at last) replace the aging file
ftp://igscb.jpl.nasa.gov/igscb/station/general/rcvr_ant.tab.  As 
everyone knows, standardization of equipment names across site logs,
RINEX, and SINEX is of extreme importance, and this update will allow
this for receivers too new to have been included in the previous list.

I request that Analysis Centers and anyone else who utilizes this file
examine ftp://igscb.jpl.nasa.gov/igscb/station/general/FUTURErcvr_ant.tab
and check for any untoward implications of replacing the old rcvr_ant.tab
with this one.

It is my hope to be able to do the replacement within about 4 weeks'
time.  The exact date will be announced ahead of time via IGSMail.

Please send any comments to me; although I will be on travel until
23 April, I expect to have good access to my email.

Thanks are due the Infrastructure Committee, equipment manufacturers,
and other agencies which carefully researched and created this list!

Best regards,
Angie
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 Angelyn W. Moore, Ph.D.              Deputy Director, IGS Central Bureau 
 JPL/Caltech                                 [email-masked]
 4800 Oak Grove Dr. MS 238-540                     voice: +1 818 354 5434 
 Pasadena CA 91109 USA   http://igscb.jpl.nasa.gov   fax: +1 818 393 6686

[Mailed From: "Angelyn W. Moore" <[email-masked]>]