Subject: [IGSMAIL-2220] KOSG data backlog
From: Boudewijn Ambrosius (DEOS/DUT)
Date: Tue, 30 Mar 1999 3:15:06 PST

******************************************************************************
IGS Electronic Mail      Tue Mar 30  3:15:06 PST 1999      Message Number 2220
******************************************************************************

Author: Boudewijn Ambrosius (DEOS/DUT)
Subject: KOSG data backlog

Due to a stupid mistake, all data from station KOSG (Kootwijk) have
not been submitted to IGS since day 60!! The cause of this problem is
due to the change to a new receiver, which was announced in IGS e-mail
no. 2188. To facilitate this change a new download script had been
prepared and tested beforehand, but as long as the old receiver was
still working the ftp transfer commands to the IGS data center at BKG
in Frankfurt had been commented out. When the new script was activated,
we forgot to remove the comment symbols. The new receiver has been
working successfully all the time and the data were processed and
stored at our operational center, but the failure to upload to BKG was
overlooked..... It was finally noticed by Hans van der Marel, last
weekend, and we are very grateful to him for notifying us.

At present the backlog of data since day 60 is being uploaded to BKG.
As off today, the operational routine should be working normal again,
with prompt daily uploades of the KOSG data.

We sincerely apologize for this stupid mistake and for the inconvenience
it may have caused.

Boudewijn Ambrosius ;(

[Mailed From: Boudewijn Ambrosius <[email-masked]>]