Subject: [IGSMAIL-2196] Professorial vacancy
From: P.J. Clarke
Date: Tue, 9 Mar 1999 8:28:36 PST

******************************************************************************
IGS Electronic Mail      Tue Mar  9  8:28:36 PST 1999      Message Number 2196
******************************************************************************

Author: P.J. Clarke
Subject: Professorial vacancy

Subject: Professorial vacancy

[With apologies to those who receive multiple copies via different email lists.
Please pass this on to relevant interested parties.]

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

                      UNIVERSITY OF NEWCASTLE UPON TYNE

                          DEPARTMENT OF GEOMATICS

                            PROFESSOR OR READER

Applications are invited for the post of Professor or Reader in the Department 
of Geomatics from 1 September 1999.  This is a key position in the UK's 
leading Department of Geomatics which is active in research of international 
significance.  The successful candidate is expected to make an extensive 
contribution to the Department's research activities.

Candidates must have a proven record of research achievement in an area of 
geomatics.  Applications from persons working in the fields of space or 
physical geodesy are particularly welcome.  Specialists in other measurement 
aspects of the discipline are encouraged to apply.  Candidates should be able 
to make a contribution to teaching in the department and be prepared to take 
an active role in promoting the Department both nationally and internationally.

Funds will be made available to the successful applicant to assist them in 
transferring their current research activities to Newcastle.

Salary will be at an appropriate point in the Reader or Professorial salary 
scales.

Informal enquiries may be addressed to Professor David Parker: 
telephone +44 191 222 6447 or e-mail [email-masked]

For further information, including how to apply, please telephone 
+44 191 222 5974 (24 hours answerphone), or write to: Mrs Judith Jackson, 
Human Resources Section, University of Newcastle, 1 Park Terrace, Newcastle 
upon Tyne, NE1 7RU.  Applications should be lodged not later than 13 April 1999.

[Mailed From: Peter Clarke <[email-masked]>]