Subject: [IGSMAIL-2192] The move of TAEJ site
From: Pil-Ho Park(TAEJ site manager)
Date: Mon, 8 Mar 1999 6:16:08 PST

******************************************************************************
IGS Electronic Mail      Mon Mar  8  6:16:08 PST 1999      Message Number 2192
******************************************************************************

Author: Pil-Ho Park(TAEJ site manager)
Subject: The move of TAEJ site

The present GPS monument of TAEJ site shall be closed at 1999-03-18 and 
moved to new other place in KAO's headquarters which is about 2.8km far 
from the present marker. Data acquisition at a new site shall be started 
from 1999-03-19. We will also submit an updated or a new site log to IGSCB 
on time.

We have discussed with IGSCB on whether a new site name and a new DOMES 
number should be assigned to our new site or not. The IGSCB advised us that 
the overlapping the two sites is helpful to the Analysis Centers deciding 
that we must use a new site name to distinguish the two. We are therefore 
submitting the overlapping RINEX data to the CDDIS data center in the 
directory of /usr/users/gps/kaogps. These overlapping data are taken on 
both sites for six days( doy 061 to doy 066). We temporally named our new 
site TAE1; for example, you can find TAE10610.99o - TAE10660.99o data in 
our directory of CDDIS. The original TAEJ data have been already submitted 
to CDDIS.

We expect that the Analysis Centers related to TAEJ site give us the 
overlapping results in quick time. If you have any more advice and results 
please email them.
On March 19 we will send an IGSMail confirming the move.

Best regards,

Pil-Ho Park
Korea Astronomy Observatory
Email: [email-masked]

[Mailed From: Pil-Ho Park <[email-masked]>]