Subject: [IGSMAIL-2178] Faculty Positions Available
From: Steve Nerem
Date: Wed, 24 Feb 1999 8:08:20 PST

******************************************************************************
IGS Electronic Mail      Wed Feb 24  8:08:20 PST 1999      Message Number 2178
******************************************************************************

Author: Steve Nerem
Subject: Faculty Positions Available

Subject: Faculty Positions Available

The Department of Aerospace Engineering and Engineering Mechanics at The
University of Texas at Austin is soliciting applications for two
tenure-track faculty positions at the rank of Assistant Professor in the
areas of (1) dynamics and control of aerospace systems, and (2) applied
orbital mechanics. The successful applicant will be expected to teach at
both the undergraduate and graduate levels, supervise graduate students,
develop research programs, and contribute service to The University, the
community, and the engineering profession. He or she may participate in the
activities of the internationally recognized Center for Space Research by
conducting research projects in one or more of the following areas:
applications of guidance, navigation, and control theory to problems
associated with atmospheric and space flight and aerospace vehicles, active
and passive remote sensing, satellite orbit determination, space mission
planning, spacecraft operations, vehicle attitude dynamics, and space
system design. A doctoral degree in an appropriate discipline is required,
and post-doctoral teaching and/or research experience in aerospace
engineering is desirable. To apply, please send a cover letter outlining
your teaching and research interests, together with your resume and a list
of references by February 15, 1999 to:

              Faculty Search Committee/S. Branton
              Department of Aerospace Engineering and Engineering Mechanics
              The University of Texas at Austin
              Austin, TX 78712-1085

For additional information about the Department and the Center for Space
Research, see http://www.ae.utexas.edu/ and http://www.csr.utexas.edu/.

(The University of Texas is an affirmative action, equal opportunity
employer. Women and minorities are especially invited to apply.)

Note: Applications are still being accepted.

[Mailed From: Steve Nerem <[email-masked]>]