Subject: [IGSMAIL-2155] NRC1 Auxillary Output Generator
From: Mark Caissy
Date: Thu, 11 Feb 1999 6:10:56 PST

******************************************************************************
IGS Electronic Mail      Thu Feb 11  6:10:56 PST 1999      Message Number 2155
******************************************************************************

Author: Mark Caissy
Subject: NRC1 Auxillary Output Generator

SUBJECT: NRC1 Clock Jump 

The Auxillary Output Generator at NRC experienced a failure of its battery
backup at approximately 14:00 UTC on Feb 10. The event occurred during a 
routine test of the site's Auxillary Power Unit. 

This caused a reset of the NRC1 TurboRogue and a jump of ~200 nsec in
offset.  There is also a slight change in frequency. 

The battery backup system will be replaced to minimize the likelyhood of
future occurances.

Mark Caissy
-- 
Mark Caissy
ACS Operations
Geodetic Survey of Canada
Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
Internet: [email-masked]
Tel: 613-995-4024
Fax: 613-995-3215 

[Mailed From: Mark Caissy <[email-masked]>]