Subject: [IGSMAIL-2147] AGU Special Session
From: Eric Leuliette/Richard Gross
Date: Mon, 8 Feb 1999 14:59:22 PST

******************************************************************************
IGS Electronic Mail      Mon Feb  8 14:59:22 PST 1999      Message Number 2147
******************************************************************************

Author: Eric Leuliette/Richard Gross
Subject: AGU Special Session

Spring AGU Special Session on Time Variations of Gravity and Earth Rotation

Dear Colleagues, 

We wish to bring to your attention the following special session for
the 1998 Spring Meeting of the American Geophysical Union (AGU).
Mailed abstracts are due at the AGU by Thursday, February 18. If you use
the Interactive Web Form, by Thursday, February 25. The procedure for
abstract submission is the same for invited and contributed papers. Please
consult The AGU web site (http://www.agu.org) for details.

Hope to see you there!

G05 Time Variations of Gravity and Earth Rotation

Recent progress in gravimetry, space geodesy, altimetry, and modelling
have made it possible to resolve time variations in the gravity field
and rotation of the Earth. In addition, understanding of the variability
of geophysical fluids (atmosphere, ocean, continental water, ice, etc.)
has increased through both direct observation and modelling. This
session focuses the time-dependent effect of these fluids on phenomena
such as variations of gravity, polar motion, precession and nutation,
length of day, motion of the geocenter, and Earth tides. We invite
presentations related to new observational techniques, current and
future space missions (CHAMP, GRACE, GOCE, and ICESAT), data analysis
techniques, and modelling.

Conveners:

Eric W. Leuliette, Center for Space Research
3925 West Braker Lane, Suite 200, Austin, TX 78759-5321
Tel: +1-512-471-6664, Fax: +1-512-471-3570
E-mail: [email-masked]

Richard S. Gross, Jet Propulsion Laboratory
MS 238-332, 4800 Oak Grove Drive, Pasadena, CA 91109-8099
Tel: +1 818-354-4010, Fax: +1 818-393-6890
E-mail: [email-masked]

[Mailed From: [email-masked] (Eric Leuliette)]