Subject: [IGSMAIL-2134] Tenure Track Faculty Position at UNB
From: Richard Langley
Date: Sat, 23 Jan 1999 12:08:51 PST

******************************************************************************
IGS Electronic Mail      Sat Jan 23 12:08:51 PST 1999      Message Number 2134
******************************************************************************

Author: Richard Langley
Subject: Tenure Track Faculty Position at UNB

While the following announcement is directed initially to Canadian residents,
all interested are encouraged to apply.

                      FACULTY POSITION

Applications are invited for a tenure-track position in  the
Department  of Geodesy and Geomatics Engineering, University
of  New  Brunswick, Fredericton campus, commencing  July  1,
1999.

The  successful  applicant will possess a  solid  record  of
research  and teaching achievements in one or  more  of  the
following fields: navigation and precise positioning systems
and  applications; geospatial data analysis and  estimation;
precision engineering and mining surveys.

Applicants  will have an earned Ph.D. degree in  a  relevant
discipline.   Industry  experience  is  an  advantage,   and
applicants  should  be  eligible  for  registration   as   a
Professional  Engineer  in the province  of  New  Brunswick.
The   successful   candidate  will  be   expected   to   act
individually  and  as part of a team in  providing  academic
leadership  to  the  profession  and  to  the  international
research community.

The   Department   of  Geodesy  and  Geomatics   Engineering
comprises   11   faculty   members,  approximately   100-125
undergraduate  students,  and  approximately   60   graduate
students   from  over  twenty  countries.   State-of-the-art
geomatics   data  collection,  computing  and  communication
hardware  and software facilities are available both  within
the  Department  and  across  campus  through  collaborative
research initiatives. The University of New Brunswick  is  a
co-educational institution with over 12,000 students on  two
campuses.  With a population of just over 50,000,  the  city
of  Fredericton offers faculty members and their families  a
unique  combination  of  lifestyle, facilities  and  energy.
Further information on both the GGE Department and the  city
may  be  found  on  the  WWW  at  http://www.unb.ca/GGE  and
http://www.City.Fredericton.nb.ca/welcome.html respectively.

In  accordance with Canadian immigration requirements,  this
advertisement is directed initially to Canadian citizens and
permanent  residents  of  Canada.   The  University  of  New
Brunswick  is  committed  to  the  principle  of  Employment
Equity.

A  detailed  Curriculum Vitae including a complete  list  of
publications and the names of three referees should be  sent
to:

Chair
Department of Geodesy and Geomatics Engineering
University of New Brunswick
P. O. Box 4400
Fredericton, N.B.  E3B 5A3

[Mailed From: Richard Langley <[email-masked]>]