Subject: [IGSMAIL-2124] MAG0 operation restored
From: Grigory Steblov (RDAAC) and Mikhail Kogan (LDEO)
Date: Fri, 15 Jan 1999 16:35:42 PST

******************************************************************************
IGS Electronic Mail      Fri Jan 15 16:35:42 PST 1999      Message Number 2124
******************************************************************************

Author: Grigory Steblov (RDAAC) and Mikhail Kogan (LDEO)
Subject: MAG0 operation restored

Site Name                : Seismic Station Magadan
Four Character ID        : MAG0
IERS DOMES Number        : 12354M001

LOCATION:       Magadan, east Siberia, Sea of Okhotsk margin, Russia
                NEDA: Northern Eurasia Deformation Array created and run by
                RUSEG: Russia/US Experiment on Geodynamics by GPS Technology. 
                NEDA operational control is provided by RDAAC: 
                Regional GPS Data Acquistion/Analysis Center, Moscow, Russia 
                (contact Grigory Steblov: [email-masked])

Because of the typhoon, unusually long power interruption occurred in Magadan
on 6-JAN-99. As a result, the GPS data for 8, 9, and 10 January were lost.

The data on 11, 12, and 13 January were not yet downloaded from the receiver
because the radio modem connection was recovered on 15-JAN only. These
data may also be lost. The 24-hrs session of 14-JAN was downloaded OK. 
Normal functioning of MAG0 has been restored. 

This is the first time that our battery backup system was exhausted.

We are sorry for the inconvenience caused to the community.

Regards,
Grigory Steblov and Mikhail Kogan

[Mailed From: Mikhail Kogan <[email-masked]>]