Subject: [IGSMAIL-2122] Announcing automated site log submission email address
From: Angelyn Moore
Date: Fri, 15 Jan 1999 9:22:14 PST

******************************************************************************
IGS Electronic Mail      Fri Jan 15  9:22:14 PST 1999      Message Number 2122
******************************************************************************

Author: Angelyn Moore
Subject: Announcing automated site log submission email address

IGS Site Logs may now be submitted to an automatic email system which
will parse the log and install it on the CBIS if the format is compliant. This
will allow most logs to be instantly available when submitted. 
         
To use the site log submission system, email your updated site log
to [email-masked]. Your site log should be
included as plain ASCII text. The system will discard headers and any
information preceding the line including the text "XXXX Site Information
Form"; however, you should avoid having ANY material (including
signatures, etc.) AFTER the site log in the email. 

You will receive a return email informing you of whether your submission
passed the site log parser and was installed as a current site log. If it did
not, the problematic lines will be shown to you in the email, and the log will
not be installed on the CBIS. 

The email alias sitelog-submissions-test is also available; it performs the
same test on the sitelog and sends a result via return email, but no
changes will be made to the site logs currently on the CBIS. You may find
this useful to check the format of your site logs, or to try out the
automated system. 

As always, site logs are welcome at the general address
[email-masked] if there are problems with the automated system
or if you feel your log should be handled manually. 

Special notes: 

 1. Unfortunately, site logs for Trimble 4000 SSI receivers will not
 presently be accepted by the automated system, since this receiver does
 not appear in the current IGS receiver/antenna list. An updated list is
 under preparation; when it is accepted and installed, this situation will be
 corrected. 

 2. Since site log files are presently named with the year and month of
 submission, more than one submission in a calendar month for a given site
 cannot be handled by the automated system at this time. In this case, the
 submitted log will be automatically forwarded to the igscb mail address for
 manual handling, and the submitter will be notified of this. 

This is a new service which we hope will function well, but any problems
suggestions, or comments you may have should be directed to
[email-masked]. 

For your future reference, these instructions will be available on the
IGS website (http://igscb.jpl.nasa.gov).  Click on "What's New" for
the link.

Best regards,
Angie
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 Angelyn W. Moore, Ph.D.              Deputy Director, IGS Central Bureau 
 JPL/Caltech                                 [email-masked]
 4800 Oak Grove Dr. MS 238-540                     voice: +1 818 354 5434 
 Pasadena CA 91109 USA   http://igscb.jpl.nasa.gov   fax: +1 818 393 6686

[Mailed From: "Angelyn W. Moore" <[email-masked]>]