Subject: [IGSMAIL-2112] Postdoctoral opportunity
From: Peter Clarke
Date: Wed, 6 Jan 1999 7:48:08 PST

******************************************************************************
IGS Electronic Mail      Wed Jan  6  7:48:08 PST 1999      Message Number 2112
******************************************************************************

Author: Peter Clarke
Subject: Postdoctoral opportunity

[with apologies to those who receive multiple copies via different email lists]

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

       POSTDOCTORAL OPPORTUNITY - UNIVERSITY OF NEWCASTLE UPON TYNE, UK

We are looking for a postdoctoral researcher to join the geodesy group within 
the Department of Geomatics, University of Newcastle upon Tyne.  The group 
has interests in the use of GPS networks for monitoring global and regional 
geodynamics, seismic hazard, local atmospheric modelling, volcano monitoring 
and sea-level change.  We are also active in the integration of SAR and GPS
measurements.

The postdoc would be primarily working on a NERC-funded project led by Dr Peter
Clarke and Professor Geoff Blewitt, to integrate GPS data from Eurasia, India,
Arabia and Africa.  This work will form part of Newcastle's contribution to the
IGS as a Global Network Associate Analysis Centre.  Geophysical interpretation 
will involve extensive collaboration with Dr Barry Parsons (Oxford University) 
and Dr James Jackson (Cambridge University).  There will also be considerable 
opportunity for the appointee to develop independent research interests.

Our ideal candidate will hold (or be about to hold) a PhD in a related field
of geodesy, geophysics or earth science.  The post is funded for three years in
the first instance and must be filled by 30 June 1999 at the latest although an 
earlier appointment would be preferred.

Informal enquiries and requests for details of the application procedure should 
be addressed to Peter Clarke ([email-masked] or telephone 0191 222 6351,
fax 0191 222 8691) or Geoff Blewitt ([email-masked] or telephone 
0191 222 5040).

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[Mailed From: Dr Peter Clarke <[email-masked]>]