Subject: [IGSMAIL-2101] Transfer of IGS Combination
From: T.A. Springer
Date: Wed, 16 Dec 1998 4:42:49 PST

******************************************************************************
IGS Electronic Mail      Wed Dec 16  4:42:49 PST 1998      Message Number 2101
******************************************************************************

Author: T.A. Springer
Subject: Transfer of IGS Combination

Dear IGS colleagues,

This e-mail is ment to inform you that starting today, December 16, 1998, 
all official IGS orbit combinations will be done in Berne. 

All the combination software was transferred in two steps from NRCan 
to Berne. First Tim Springer visited the NRCan for two weeks in July.
Next Yves Mireault visited Berne for two weeks in October. In addition
Jan Kouba is staying in Berne for a six months visit which started in
September. Since October we have been running and comparing all four 
combinations/comparisons in paralel with the ones at NRCan since mid 
October. We plan to continue doing this after December 16 but with the 
official IGS combinations coming from Berne rather than from NRCan.

If your were getting any of the IGS rapid and or prediction products from
NRCan please change your scripts to download these products from Berne
from now on. We have generated anonymous ftp access to the Unix machine in 
Berne, details are given below. The anonymous ftp will hold only rapid and
prediction products, the final products are submitted to the CDDIS. 
Notice furthermore that the current AC submission deadline for the rapid 
orbits is 16:00 hours UTC and for the predicted orbits 23:00 UTC. 
Therefore the IGS combined products will be available at 17:00 UTC and 
23:30 UTC for the rapid and predicted products respectively. If you have
any questions and or remarks regarding this change please feel free to
contact us.

We would also like to take this opportunity to thank Yves Mireault for
the great job he has done over the last 4 years in taking care of all
the diffent IGS combinations. The combinations were always in great 
shape and delivered on time even during weekends and holidays. 

Kind Regards,
     The Analysis Center Coordination team,
     Tim Springer and Jan Kouba

Access to the anonymous ftp in Berne
------------------------------------
ftp address: ftp.unibe.ch
ip number  : 130.92.6.40
login      : anonymous
password   : <[email-masked]>

After login change to the directory "aiub"
From there change to the directory "prelim_igs"

 -----------------------------------------------------------------------------
 Tim Springer                      Astronomical Institute, University of Berne 
 Tel:   +41 31 6318592             Sidlerstrasse 5, CH-3012 Bern, Switzerland  
 Fax:   +41 31 6313869             ftp: ubeclu.unibe.ch  -or-  130.92.6.17
 e-mail: [email-masked]         after login: cd "aiub$ftp"
 www:   http://www.cx.unibe.ch/aiub/
 -----------------------------------------------------------------------------

[Mailed From: Tim Springer <[email-masked]>]