Subject: [IGSMAIL-2087] Celebration for Gerhard Beutler -- He made it!
From: Ruth E. Neilan
Date: Mon, 30 Nov 1998 17:27:26 PST

******************************************************************************
IGS Electronic Mail      Mon Nov 30 17:27:26 PST 1998      Message Number 2087
******************************************************************************

Author: Ruth E. Neilan
Subject: Celebration for Gerhard Beutler -- He made it!

Dear friends and colleagues,

It is my pleasure to invite you to an informal celebration in honor of
Gerhard Beutler. The purpose is to recognize the completion of his (final)
term of office as Chair of the IGS Governing Board.  The reception will be
held at the Argent Hotel (formerly the ANA Hotel) in San Francisco, on
Sunday, December 6 from 5:30 PM until ~7:30 PM. The Argent is located at 50
Third Street (Tel: +1-415-974-6400) and is located one block from Moscone
Center and the Center for the Arts. Signs in the hotel lobby should provide
directions.

To defray costs of the room and light snacks, we are asking each person to
contribute $10 at the door. A no-host full bar will be available. The
atmosphere will be informal as we toast (and maybe roast) Gerhard for his
years of service to the IGS, beginning in 1991 as the Chair of the IGS
Oversight Committee for three years, until now, completing his fifth year
as Chair of the IGS Governing Board.

Please join us for this social occasion!

So that we may ensure final planning numbers, can you please RSVP your
intention to attend as soon as possible? And certainly by Thursday,
December 3 by replying to this message.

sincerely looking forward to seeing next Sunday,
      on behalf of the Central Bureau,

Ruth Neilan

============================================================================
Ruth E. Neilan                    Telephone:     (818)-354-8330
Director, IGS Central Bureau      FAX:           (818)-393-6686
Jet Propulsion Laboratory         E-mail (IGS):  [email-masked]
MS 238-540                        E-mail:        [email-masked]
4800 Oak Grove Drive              E-mail (alternate):
Pasadena, CA 91109                          [email-masked]

               World Wide Web:  http://igscb.jpl.nasa.gov/

                      Secretary: Carol Lorre
         tel: 818-354-2077   email: <carol.lorre @jpl.nasa.gov>
============================================================================

[Mailed From: "Ruth E. Neilan" <[email-masked]>]