Subject: [IGSMAIL-2062] EGS session on satellite orbits - call for papers
From: R. Noomen, Delft University of Technology, The Netherlands
Date: Tue, 10 Nov 1998 6:53:22 PST

******************************************************************************
IGS Electronic Mail      Tue Nov 10 23:29:39 PST 1998      Message Number 2062
******************************************************************************

Author: R. Noomen, Delft University of Technology, The Netherlands
Subject: EGS session on satellite orbits - call for papers

Subject: EGS session on satellite orbits - call for papers

dear colleague,

we invite you to participate in session G6 of the upcoming 24th
General Assembly of the European Geophysical Society, to be held
in The Hague (The Netherlands) on April 19-23, 1999.

The title of the session is "Precise trajectory determination for
geodetic applications", and the scope is the following:

Satellite observations play a crucial role in the scientific study
of many geodetic and geophysical phenomena (crustal deformations,
earthquake-related motions, sea-level variations, ocean tides,
gravity field variations, post-glacial rebound, earth rotation, etc).
Considering the demands on the quality of the present-day analysis
results and the magnitude of the signals being studied, it is of
utmost importance to know the position of the spacecraft with the
highest accuracy possible, irrespective of the observation technique
being used. Investigators are invited to contribute to this session
by presenting their latest results, developments and new insights
and ideas on the computation of precise satellite orbits.

convenor:
  R. Noomen
  Delft University of Technology, Faculty of Aerospace Engineering,
  Kluyverweg 1, 2629 HS Delft, The Netherlands
  phone   +1-15-2785377
  fax     +1-15-2785322
  e-mail  [email-masked]

co-convenor:
  P.J. Dunn
  Raytheon STX, Inc., 7701 Greenbelt Road, Greenbelt, MD 20770,
  United States of America
  phone   +1-301-4414114
  fax     +1-301-4412432
  e-mail  [email-masked]

Further information about the Assembly (submittal of abstracts,
registration etc.) is given below and also available at the EGS
internet site (http://www.copernicus.org/EGS/EGS.html).

Hoping to see many of you in The Hague,

Ron Noomen
Peter Dunn

General Contact, Receipt of Abstracts & Registration
----------------------------------------------------
EGS Office                                Tel: +49-5556-1440
Max-Planck-Str. 13                        Fax: +49-5556-4709
37191 Katlenburg-Lindau                   [email-masked]
Germany

Hotel Booking
-------------
Netherlands Reservation Centre          Tel: +31-70-419-5505
P.O. Box 404                            Fax: +31-70-419-5519
2260-AK Leidschendam                  [email-masked]
The Netherlands

Venue
-----
Netherlands Congress Centre             Tel: +31-70-3066-366
Churchillplein 10                       Fax: +31-70-3066-443
2508 EA The Hague                   [email-masked]
The Netherlands

           HOW TO PREPARE AND TO SUBMIT ABSTRACTS

Scientists of all nations are invited to submit abstracts in the
traditional EGS style and format together with their submittal
information of their oral and/or poster contributions, with the
printout mailed or telefaxed to the relevant Conveners, whoes
coordinates are included in the Scientific Programme on WWW, and
the "originals" to the EGS Office:
- either in digital format per E-mail, URL or FTP (perferred!)
- or in digital format on a data medium (diskette, CD ROM, ZIP,
  JAZ or MOD) by mail,
- or as camera ready printouts by mail.

Telefaxes will be retyped into digital format at an extra charge
of DEM 50,- per abstract.

-------------------------------------------------------------
**** Deadline for Receipt of Abstracts: 15 December 1998 ****
-------------------------------------------------------------

STYLE
=====
Abstracts should be short, clear and concise and written in English
with symbols and equations typed in and NO figures included!

LaTeX
=====
Simply use the EGS ABSTRACT LaTeX MACRO on WWW for automatic
editing and formatting of abstracts and their submittal information,
generate a printout to check the correct length and content of your
abstract and submittal information, and then submit your printout
and/or the overall TeX file as described above to your Convener
and to the EGS Office, respectively.

ASCII & OTHER WORD PROCESSING PROGRAMMES
========================================

Complete your ABSTRACT SUBMITTAL INFORMATION MESSAGE as a plain
ASCII-Mail first and then add or attach as a separate item your
abstract compiled
- either in plain ASCII in the layout described below (EGS will
  generate a WordPerfect file)
- or in Word or WordPerfect for PCs in the layout AND format
  described below
- or as PostScript or PDF file, if your abstract has been edited
  and formatted with any other word processing programmes in the
  way described below.

ABSTRACT FORMAT

Printing Area:   12.0 cm (width) x 10.5 cm (height)
Type Face:       Times Roman
Type Size:       10 points
Leading:         2 points
Text:            ALL lines flush left and text justified
Printing:        300 dpi and better

ABSTRACT LAYOUT

(1) Title of contribution in capital letters and in bold (optional)
(2) One blank line after the title block
(3) Name of author(s) followed directly by numbers/symbols for
    coresponding affiliations in paranthesis; underline or bold
    name of author who will present the paper. Type numbers/symbols
    and names and addresses of affiliations in next lines, and add
    an e-mail or fax number for correspondence.
(4) One blank line after the author- and affiliation-block
(5) Text of abstract, all lines justified.

ABSTRACT SUBMITTAL INFORMATION MESSAGE

Please complete in the following order the submittal information
of your abstract and send it as ASCII-Mail File or Printout with
your abstract added or attached:

1.  Name of Conference/Meeting to which this abstract is submitted.
2.  First Submission/Update/Correction/Withdrawal
3.  Title of Contribution in plain ASCII
4.  Author(s): AMAN, A.; BMAN, B.; CMAN, C.
5.  Title or Abbreviation of Session/Sub-Session to which this
    abstract is submitted.
6.  Name of Convener of that Session
7.  Indicate any equipment you need for your presentation in
    addition to standard equipment (2 OHPs, 1 slide or 1 poster board)
8.  Name of Support Award, e.g., YSTA, KRTA, EESA or NONE
9.  Type of presentation, i.e., oral, poster or no preference
10. Type of abstract file added/attached/sent seperately
11. Address of Contact Author
    Name:
    First Name:
    Title:
    Dept./Inst.:
    Comp./Univ.:
    P.O. Box/Street:
    ZIP Code:
    City:
    Country:
    Telephone:
    Telefax:
    E-mail:

EOM. RN.

[Mailed From: "R Noomen, DUT" <[email-masked]>]