Subject: [IGSMAIL-2047] USNO AMC - AMCT Changes
From: Bill Bollwerk
Date: Wed, 21 Oct 1998 8:53:19 PDT

******************************************************************************
IGS Electronic Mail      Wed Oct 21  8:53:19 PDT 1998      Message Number 2047
******************************************************************************

Author: Bill Bollwerk
Subject: USNO AMC - AMCT Changes

I sent notification on October 14, 1998, that this station would be replacing 
the TurboRogue SNR12 receiver with an identical unit.  At the same time the 
antenna cable was to be replaced and the antenna moved north about 3 feet to a 
more stable platform.  The planned outage was to begin at 1400 UTC on 15 
October 1998 and was expected to be completed by 2200 UTC on 15 October 1998.

The receiver and antenna cable were replaced between the hours of 1400 and 
2200 UTC on October 15, 1998.  The receiver was turned on at 2201 UTC that 
same day.  Additionally, the antenna was moved to a new location: 45.25 inches 
North and 13 inches East of the last antenna position (this is a crude 
measurement using a measuring tape and eyeballing the direction).  

Testing of the receiver the next day showed it was not working.  Trouble 
shooting of the system revealed a problem with the new antenna cable.  The old 
antenna cable was rerouted and installed yesterday, October 20, 1998.  
Following this action the new receiver (serial number T245) was turned on and 
began receiving data at 1950 UTC on October 20, 1998.

A new log file will be submitted when I receive the new domes number.  The new 
site name is AMC2.

Again, we apologize for the disruption this change will cause but are hopeful 
that in the long run improved performance will result.

[Mailed From: Bill Bollwerk <[email-masked]>]