Subject: [IGSMAIL-2046] New IGS Website
From: Ruth Neilan
Date: Wed, 21 Oct 1998 8:49:25 PDT

******************************************************************************
IGS Electronic Mail      Wed Oct 21  8:49:25 PDT 1998      Message Number 2046
******************************************************************************

Author: Ruth Neilan
Subject: New IGS Website

Dear colleagues,

I am pleased to announce that the IGS website which has been under
development for many months is now operational.  It is the same url:

            http://igscb.jpl.nasa.gov

but is completely redesigned and enhanced compared to the older site.

We invite you to spend some time exploring the new pages and look forward
to your comments, suggestions and new ideas. We are dedicated to making
this a valuable reliable resource that you can and will use often.

There are some areas of the website that are still under construction, Data
and Products and the New Projects and Applications. We are continuing to
work on these with assistance from other colleagues in the IGS and they
should evolve rapidly over the next two months. We will also be spending
time improving the ftp areas.

I want to recognize the efforts of Rob Liu, Ken Gowey, Chris Hawley, and
Werner Gurtner for their significant contribution to the new site design
and content. Thanks are also due Steve Fisher, Angelyn Moore, Carey Noll,
Jim Reilly, Priscilla VanScoy and Jim Zumberge for their ideas, input and
advice.

Check it out, and let us know what you think,

sincerely,

Ruth

PS: Just a note in navigating, on each page, if you click on the black IGS
section at the top left of each banner, this will take you to  'home'.

============================================================================
Ruth E. Neilan                    Telephone:     (818)-354-8330
Director, IGS Central Bureau      FAX:           (818)-393-6686
Jet Propulsion Laboratory         E-mail (IGS):  [email-masked]
MS 238-540                        E-mail:        [email-masked]
4800 Oak Grove Drive              E-mail (alternate):
Pasadena, CA 91109                          [email-masked]

               World Wide Web:  http://igscb.jpl.nasa.gov/

                      Secretary: Carol Lorre
         tel: 818-354-2077   email: <carol.lorre @jpl.nasa.gov>
============================================================================

[Mailed From: "Ruth E. Neilan" <[email-masked]>]