Subject: [IGSMAIL-2043] CODE Product Change
From: Markus Rothacher
Date: Fri, 16 Oct 1998 8:58:28 PDT

******************************************************************************
IGS Electronic Mail      Fri Oct 16  8:58:28 PDT 1998      Message Number 2043
******************************************************************************

Author: Markus Rothacher
Subject: CODE Product Change

Dear Colleagues,

for the CODE product submission of GPS week 0978 a new normal equation 
stacking program was used (written by Leos Mervart). Because of the new
possibilities of this program we are now delivering a very consistent set 
of weekly products with the following characteristics:

  1) The weekly SINEX file contains now site coordinates and ERPs (offset and
     rate for each day with continuity at the day boundaries).
  2) Minimum constraints (rotations) are used to create the weekly SINEX
     solution.
  3) All constraints applied (ERP continuity, rotations) are given in the 
     a priori covariance matrix block of the SINEX file..
  4) All 3-day solutions are re-computed at the end of the week fixing the 
     site coordinates and ERPs to the weekly SINEX solution. The resulting 
     orbits and troposphere zenith delays are then fully consistent with the 
     weekly SINEX product.
  5) The ERPs estimates are now daily values (and not 3-day values). Therefore,
     PM and LOD will be somewhat noisier than before.

The combination centers --- GNAAC, GFZ (troposphere), NRC (orbits and ERPs) ---
should be aware of the fact that the source code writing the SINEX files 
(for site coordinates and ERPs as well as for troposphere) has been rewritten.
Therefore, if you have any problems with or questions about the submission 
of GPS week 0978, please let us know.

With best regards,
                               Markus Rothacher
                               Tim Springer
                               Leos Mervart
                               
                               CODE Analysis Center

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Dr. Markus Rothacher        Phone  : ++41-31-631-8591          
Astronomical Institute      Fax    : ++41-31-631-3869
University of Berne         E-mail : [email-masked] 
Sidlerstrasse 5             AFTP   : ftp ubeclu.unibe.ch (130.92.6.18)
CH-3012 Berne                        cd aiub$ftp after login         
Switzerland                 WWW    : http://www.cx.unibe.ch/aiub/            

[Mailed From: [email-masked] (MARKUS ROTHACHER)]