Subject: [IGSMAIL-2041] USNO AMC - AMCT Changes
From: Bill Bollwerk
Date: Wed, 14 Oct 1998 6:36:54 PDT

******************************************************************************
IGS Electronic Mail      Wed Oct 14  6:36:54 PDT 1998      Message Number 2041
******************************************************************************

Author: Bill Bollwerk
Subject: USNO AMC - AMCT Changes

Since its installation in March 1998 at the Schriever Air Force Base 
(formerly, Falcon AFB) in Colorado Springs, CO, the AMCT receiver has
experienced resets of its internal clock at irregular intervals (several days 
to several weeks).  Efforts have been underway to determine the cause for 
these resets but no local cause has been identified.  Because clock resets 
are a serious obstacle for timing studies, which is the main purpose for this 
station, we will replace the TurboRogue SNR12 receiver with an identical unit.

At the same time, the following additional changes will be made:

The antenna cable will be replaced and the antenna will be moved north 3 feet 
to a more stable platform.

The planned outage will begin at 1400 UTC on 15 October 1998 and is expected 
to be completed by 2200 UTC on 15 October 1998.

We apologize for the disruption this change will cause but are hopeful that 
improved performance will result.

[Mailed From: Bill Bollwerk <[email-masked]>]