Subject: [IGSMAIL-201] Proposal to standardize receiver and antenna names in Rinex
From: Ulf Lindqwister/JPL, Werner Gurtner/UB, Miranda Chin/NGS/NOAA
Date: 22 Feb 1993 00:00:00

From:      Ulf Lindqwister/JPL, Werner Gurtner/UB, Miranda Chin/NGS/NOAA
Subject:   Proposal to standardize receiver and antenna names in Rinex
----------------------------------------------------------------------

The list below proposes a standardization of the receiver names and
antenna names. If adopted by the IGS community, then we suggest that
agencies producing Rinex files include the appropriate receiver and
antenna types in the Rinex file at the point of creation. Please let us 
know your ideas and concerns about this proposal.

Regards,

- Ulf, Werner, and Miranda

Ulf Lindqwister/JPL
[email-masked]

Werner Gurtner/Univ. of Bern
[email-masked]

Miranda Chin/NGS/NOAA
[email-masked]

Rogue
-----  
        Receiver type       Description  

        ROGUE SNR-8         2 unit rack-mounted (big Rogue)
        ROGUE SNR-800       1 unit rack-mounted (big Rogue)
        ROGUE SNR-8A        MiniRogue -- not CONAN compatible
        ROGUE SNR-8C        MiniRogue -- CONAN compatible
        ROGUE SNR-8000      TurboRogue

        Antenna type        Description

        DORNE MARGOLIN A    Antenna with chokering for the Rogues
                            [Thickness of Chokering A: 0.0699 m]
        DORNE MARGOLIN B    Antenna with chokering for the TurboRogues
                            [Thickness of Chokering B: 0.1016 m]

Trimble
-------

        Receiver Type       Description

        TRIMBLE 4000S       4000SL and 4000SX (single frequency)
        TRIMBLE 4000SD      4000SLD (dual freq. L2 squaring)
        TRIMBLE 4000ST      4000SST (dual freq. L1 c/a, L2 squaring or p-code)
        TRIMBLE 4000SE      4000SSE (dual freq. p-code on L1 and L2)

        Antenna Type        Description

        GEODETIC L1         To use with Single frequency geodetic receiver 
        GEODETIC L1/L2           "      Dual            "
        KINEMATIC L1        antenna without a ground plane
        KINEMATIC L1/L2                "

MiniMac
-------
 
        Receiver Type     Antenna Type            Description

        MINIMAC2816AT     MACROMETER X-DIPOLE     This system is used in CIGNET
        MINIMAC2816       MINIMAC PATCH           A field unit

Ashtech
------
        Receiver Type       Description

        MD-XII              Dual freq. L1 c/a and L2 squaring
        P-XII               Dual freq. p-code on both L1 and L2

        Antenna Type        Description

        GEODETIC L1/L2      Dual freq. with a ground plane
        MARINE/RANGE        Single freq. with a smaller ground plane
        A-C L1              Single freq. without a ground plane for aircraft use
        A-C L1/L2           Dual freq. without a ground plane for aircraft use