Subject: [IGSMAIL-1992] Announcement for two new sites (VESL [Antarctica]) and (GOUG [South Atlantic])
From: Tilo Schoene (AWI), Hans Werner Schenke (AWI), Richard Wonnacott (CDSM)
Date: Thu, 20 Aug 1998 6:06:33 PDT

******************************************************************************
IGS Electronic Mail      Thu Aug 20  6:06:33 PDT 1998      Message Number 1992
******************************************************************************

Author: Tilo Schoene (AWI), Hans Werner Schenke (AWI), Richard Wonnacott (CDSM)
Subject: Announcement for two new sites (VESL [Antarctica]) and (GOUG [South Atlantic])

Dear colleagues,

the Alfred Wegener Institute for Polar and Marine Research (AWI), Germany, and 
the Chief Directorate Surveys and Mapping (CDSM), South Africa, has installed 
two new permanent sites. The sites are operational since Aug. 13, 1998. All 
data are sent to the CDDIS global data center. Also site logs are being sent to 
the IGS Central Bureau.

Due to the remoteness of both stations, download is performed usually every 
four days. 

Site    : Vesleskarvet, SANAE IV, Antarctica
Site ID : VESL
Receiver: TRIMBLE 4000SSI
Antenna : DORNE MARGOLIN TRIM
Height  : 0.0238 m (BCR)
Coordinates (approx.): ITRF96 (epoch 1998.122)
Lat     : -71 40 25.66911   (deg,min,sec)
Lon     :  -2 50 30.41714   (deg,min,sec)
Height  :    862.394        (m)

Site    : Gough Island, dependent territory of the U.K, Southern Atlantic
Site ID : GOUG
Receiver: TRIMBLE 4000SSI
Antenna : DORNE MARGOLIN TRIM
Height  : 0.038 m (BCR)
Coordinates (approx.): ITRF96 (epoch 1998.122)
Lat     : -40 20 55.80308   (deg,min,sec)
Lon     :  -9 52 50.58471   (deg,min,sec)
Height  :    81.276         (m)

Best regards,

Tilo Schoene, Richard Wonnacott, Hans Werner Schenke

[Mailed From: [email-masked] (Tilo Schoene [AWI-Bremerhaven])]