Subject: [IGSMAIL-1984] Global hourly RINEX data announcement
From: Angelyn Moore
Date: Wed, 12 Aug 1998 10:25:05 PDT

******************************************************************************
IGS Electronic Mail      Wed Aug 12 10:25:05 PDT 1998      Message Number 1984
******************************************************************************

Author: Angelyn Moore
Subject: Global hourly RINEX data announcement

Dear Colleagues,

The initial tests of hourly GPS RINEX data delivery to the CDDIS 
as described in IGSMail 1946 have proceeded smoothly.  Therefore,
JPL and CDDIS are pleased to announce that this service has been
expanded to include JPL's entire complement of sites which provide
raw data on an hourly basis.  Currently the number of hourly sites
is 29; JPL strives for hourly data retrieval wherever the local
infrastructure makes this feasible, and new or upgraded sites will
be added to this list as appropriate.

As before, the hourly RINEX data is available on cddisa.gsfc.nasa.gov
in the directory /gps/nrtdata, and Carey Noll ([email-masked])
can provide further access instructions for new users.  

Also unchanged are the three-day retention period for the hourly files,
and the absence of formal validation of the hourly data.  Please
recall that JPL's daily RINEX product creation is entirely independent
and has not been altered by the hourly RINEX activities.

We hope the hourly RINEX product provides a valuable service to the
community.  Questions, comments, and suggestions are welcomed at 
[email-masked] and [email-masked].

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 Angelyn W. Moore, Ph.D.        JPL/Caltech    GPS Global Network Project
 4800 Oak Grove Dr. MS 238-600               [email-masked]
 Pasadena CA 91109 USA                             [email-masked] 
 voice: +1 818 354 5434                              fax: +1 818 393 4965

[Mailed From: "Angelyn W. Moore" <[email-masked]>]