Subject: [IGSMAIL-1956] special session at Fall AGU Meeting
From: J. Kouba, J. Ray, T. Springer
Date: Tue, 21 Jul 1998 11:38:16 PDT

******************************************************************************
IGS Electronic Mail      Tue Jul 21 11:38:16 PDT 1998      Message Number 1956
******************************************************************************

Author: J. Kouba, J. Ray, T. Springer
Subject: special session at Fall AGU Meeting

You are urged to consider submitting a paper for the special Geodesy
session "Absolute vs. relative GPS determinations using the IGS Network"
to be held during the Fall 1998 AGU Meeting.

While GPS applications are becoming increasingly widespread, it remains
a challenge to understand and to realize the full potential of GPS in an
"absolute" sense, rather than differential or relative modes.  This session
seeks papers to examine the "absolute" accuracy of GPS determinations in a
variety of applications.  Examples include: comparisons of IGS orbits with
laser tracking data; assessments of IGS polar motion values and their
attachment to the ITRF; sources of bias in GPS station coordinates,
especially the heights; accuracy of tropospheric path delay estimates;
effects on estimates of clock differences; potential for determinations of
unbiased Universal Time and nutation angles; biases in ionosphere estimates.

The Fall Meeting will be held in San Francisco, California, 06-10 December
1998.  For information about the meeting and submission of abstracts, please
refer to http://www.agu.org/meetings/fm98top.html or to 30 June 1998 issue
of EOS.  (Note that the full list of special sessions is not yet posted in
either place.)  Abstracts MUST be received at AGU headquarters by Wed.,
26 August 1998 (if submitted by express/postal mail or by e-mail) or Wed.,
02 September 1998 (if submitted using the AGU interactive WWW form).

co-chairs: J. Kouba (Natural Resources Canada; [email-masked])
           J. Ray (USNO; [email-masked])
           T. Springer (U. Berne; [email-masked])

[Mailed From: Jim Ray (USNO 202-762-1444) <[email-masked]>]