Subject: [IGSMAIL-1954] JPL IGS Personnel Change
From: M. Watkins
Date: Mon, 20 Jul 1998 17:19:12 PDT

******************************************************************************
IGS Electronic Mail      Mon Jul 20 17:19:12 PDT 1998      Message Number 1954
******************************************************************************

Author: M. Watkins
Subject: JPL IGS Personnel Change

Dear IGS Colleagues-

The JPL Analysis Center and Network Group are pleased to announce a
reorganization to best meet the challenges associated with the growing
IGS network and new GPS LEO activities.  Jim Zumberge will leave his role as
the leader of our IGS Analysis Center to take the position Manager, GPS
Global Network Element.  In this capacity, Jim and his team of Dave
Stowers, Angie Moore, Razmik Khachikyan, and Marty Marcin at JPL
and support staff at UNAVCO will be responsible for implementing,
upgrading and maintaining the NASA stations in the IGS global network.
In the near term Jim will be addressing the station upgrades required to
support upcoming LEO missions, such as CHAMP, GRACE, SAC-C and the
proposed AMORE array.

Mike Heflin will assume the leadership of our Analysis Center, with the
usual expert help of David Jefferson, Yoaz Bar-Sever, and Frank Webb.
Jim will remain involved in the analysis of GPS data for timing
applications. Although Jim will no longer be involved in the IGS Central
Bureau as AC liaison, he will  become the NASA/JPL interface to the IGS 
Central Bureau for GGN operations.

We look forward to the benefits of our new organization, and extend
congratulations to Jim and Mike in their new positions.

Michael Watkins
Ulf Lindqwister
Ruth Neilan

[Mailed From: "Michael M. Watkins" <[email-masked]>]