Subject: [IGSMAIL-1946] Hourly RINEX data announcement
From: Dave Stowers
Date: Tue, 14 Jul 1998 8:58:14 PDT

******************************************************************************
IGS Electronic Mail      Tue Jul 14  8:58:14 PDT 1998      Message Number 1946
******************************************************************************

Author: Dave Stowers
Subject: Hourly RINEX data announcement

Dear Colleagues,

CDDIS and JPL would like to announce the initial availability of hourly
GPS RINEX data at the CDDIS.  These data are available through ftp and 
web access at host cddisa.gsfc.nasa.gov in the directory /gps/nrtdata. 
Users who do not currently have access to the GPS data and products 
available on this host (the CDDIS operational computer as of June 01)
can contact Carey Noll ([email-masked]) for access
instructions. 

Although rather sparsely populated at the moment (2 sites), it is expected
that additional sites will be added in the near future.

Data will be retained for three days only. Daily RINEX products will continue
to be created independently, and as such, will not be affected.

In order to reduce the latency of the hourly delivered files, no formal
validation is being employed; caveat emptor.

As this is an initial foray into providing this type of service,
if you find this service to be of value or have suggestions (or
constructive criticism), please send your comments to: 

	[email-masked], [email-masked]

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Dave Stowers, JPL, GPS Networks and Ionospheric Systems Development
4800 Oak Grove Drive, M/S 238-600, Pasadena, CA, USA
Tel. +1 818-354-7055, fax +1 818-393-4965, E-mail [email-masked]
-----------------------------------------------------------------------

[Mailed From: Dave Stowers <[email-masked]>]