Subject: [IGSMAIL-1926] Wanted
From: Geoffrey Blewitt
Date: Tue, 16 Jun 1998 7:21:44 PDT

IGS Electronic Mail      Tue Jun 16  7:21:44 PDT 1998      Message Number 1926
******************************************************************************

Author: Geoffrey Blewitt
Subject: Wanted: Research Associate for IGS/GPS Analysis

This is a two-part message:

(1) Many of you will know my colleague Ra'ed Kawar as the person
responsible for running the Newcastle IGS Global Network Associate
Analysis Center (GNAAC) over the last year.  Unfortunately for us, Ra'ed
has just informed me that he has accepted a position in industry and will
be leaving in a few weeks. In the meantime, Newcastle will continue
routine GNAAC processing, which will be taken over by one of my Ph.D.
students, David Lavallee. However, given this turn of events, we will
unfortunately have to delay the planned upgrade to our GNAAC software
(TANYA) to accommodate the planned changes on June 30 (including rigorous
combination of Earth orientation parameters). 

(2) This is an informal announcement that I am looking for a Research
Associate to take over from Ra'ed as soon as possible, and would welcome
CV's from anyone interested.  As well as IGS processing, there is a wide
variety of opportunities for developing experience, both on scientific
research grants, and on industrial contracts.  Current research topics
include IGS/GNAAC analysis and software development, plate kinematics and
intra-plate deformation, GPS meteorology and tomographic techniques, oil
reservoir depressurization and compaction, and airborne digital
photogrammetry with GPS control for polar research. The Research Associate
would also have an opportunity to gain teaching experience should they
wish to direct their long-term career towards academia.  

Informal enquiries should be sent by e-mail to [email-masked]
with a cc: to my secretary [email-masked] 
(Note: I will not be at Newcastle from 26 June - 27 July, but will check
my e-mail as often as I can during that time).

Geoff
-------------------------------------------------------------------------- 
 Prof. Geoff Blewitt, Dept. of Geomatics, University of Newcastle, England
 Secretary (44) 191 222 7607                         Fax (44) 191 222 8691 
                             ---- Check it out ----
 May issue of GPS World, Innovations section, article by Gregorius & Blewitt
                                  ------------

[Mailed From: Geoff Blewitt <[email-masked]>]