Subject: [IGSMAIL-1922] HERS resumes GPS data collection
From: Roger Wood, SLR Herstmonceux
Date: Thu, 11 Jun 1998 9:55:34 PDT

******************************************************************************
IGS Electronic Mail      Thu Jun 11  9:55:34 PDT 1998      Message Number 1922
******************************************************************************

Author: Roger Wood, SLR Herstmonceux
Subject: HERS resumes GPS data collection

    Dear colleagues

    CONTINUOUS GPS DATA FROM HERSTMONCEUX

    Current situation:
    I am pleased to announce that (following the failure of the Rogue
    receiver at Herstmonceux at the end of last year) an Ashtech Z-XII3 
    system (on temporary loan from the manufacturer) has been installed on 
    the marker previously occupied by the Rogue.  The operation of the
    system has been tested over many weeks to check the data quality, which
    is found to be satisfactory.  Data from this receiver are available at 
    the regional data centre BKG from GPS week 961  The station log file is 
    available at the EUREF permanent network Central Bureau.

    Future:
    A new, identical Ashtech system intended for permanent operation at
    Herstmonceux is on order and will replace the present system in the
    near future.  A further announcement will be made at that time.

    Regards
    Roger Wood

    =======================================================================
    NERC Satellite Laser Ranger Facility      Telephone: +44 (01323) 833888
    Herstmonceux Castle                       Fax:       +44 (01323) 833929
    Hailsham                                  Internet:  [email-masked]
    East Sussex   UK            BN27 1RP      
    =======================================================================

[Mailed From: [email-masked] (SLR at Herstmonceux)]