Subject: [IGSMAIL-1899] NTUS station update; data resubmitted
From: Boudewijn Ambrosius (DEOS)
Date: Wed, 13 May 1998 3:35:47 PDT

******************************************************************************
IGS Electronic Mail      Wed May 13  3:35:47 PDT 1998      Message Number 1899
******************************************************************************

Author: Boudewijn Ambrosius (DEOS)
Subject: NTUS station update; data resubmitted

As announced in IGS mail message 1897, the antenna of station NTUS
was replaced on day 127. However, this change was not reflected in the
header records of the RINEX files, which still included the old antenna
number (177). Therefore, the data for days 128 - 132 have been resubmitted
with the correct antenna serial number (222).

Also, an additional file for day 127 was sent out today, which arrived with
some delay. So, in fact the NTUS station has been operational again as of
day 127 with the new antenna.

Although the station is tracking again, it appears there are still some
problems. During certain periods of the day, the station is tracking less
satellites than it should, which leads to an estimated data loss of 
10 to 30 percent. This problem is currently under investigation by Danny
van Loon who will visit the station this week. We will keep you posted 
on the latest developments.

Boudewijn Ambrosius

[Mailed From: Boudewijn Ambrosius <[email-masked]>]