Subject: [IGSMAIL-1833] A new model for GPS BlockIIR solar radiation pressure
From: Yoaz Bar-Sever
Date: Tue, 17 Mar 1998 11:11:41 PST

******************************************************************************
IGS Electronic Mail      Tue Mar 17 11:11:41 PST 1998      Message Number 1833
******************************************************************************

Author: Yoaz Bar-Sever
Subject: A new model for GPS BlockIIR solar radiation pressure

Dear Colleagues,

I was recently able to test a new solar radiation pressure model for GPS
Block IIR satellites. This model was designed by the manufecturer of
the spacecraft, Lockheed-Martin, and is in the form of a table. Its main 
advantage over the T30 model is in the modeling of the solar pressure during 
the fixed yaw regime and in modeling Y axis forces. My tests of this model 
focused on identifying any major inconsistencies or problems with this model.
Failing to find these, I can recommend this model for more thorough testing.
The model is free for anyone's use but with out any liability implied.

I placed the table on our ftp server "sideshow", directory 
"pub/GPS_yaw_attitude" in the file BlockIIR_srp_table. Explanations are
included in the file.

For more information about GPS Block IIR solar pressure and attitude
models consult IGS mail #1653 from July 30, 1997.

Sincerely,
                                             Yoaz Bar-Sever
--
 Dr. Yoaz E. Bar-Sever
 [email-masked]                  MS 238-600
 voice: (818) 354-2665 office            Jet Propulsion Laboratory
        (626) 794-9243 home              4800 Oak Grove Dr.
 FAX:   (818) 393-4965                   Pasadena, California  91109

[Mailed From: [email-masked]]