Subject: [IGSMAIL-1778] Production of Ionosphere TEC maps as part of IGS processing
From: Joachim Feltens/ESOC & Stefan Schaer/AIUB
Date: Wed, 7 Jan 1998 0:23:44 PST

******************************************************************************
IGS Electronic Mail      Wed Jan  7  0:23:44 PST 1998      Message Number 1778
******************************************************************************

Author: Joachim Feltens/ESOC & Stefan Schaer/AIUB
Subject: Production of Ionosphere TEC maps as part of IGS processing

Subject: Production of Ionosphere TEC maps as part of IGS processing

Joachim Feltens / EDS                      Darmstadt, 06 January 1998
c/o ESOC - OAD
Robert-Bosch-Strasse 5
D-64293 Darmstadt
GERMANY

Stefan Schaer                              Bern, 06 January 1998
Astronomical Institute
University of Bern
Sidlerstrasse 5
CH-3012 Bern
SWITZERLAND

Subject: Production of Ionosphere TEC maps as part of IGS processing

Dear colleagues,

First of all a Happy and Successful New Year 1998 to all of you !!!

In five weeks the next IGS Analysis Center Workshop will be held at ESOC
in Darmstadt. IGS products for troposphere and ionosphere will be one of 
the major topics of the workshop. To prepare an ionosphere session we
would like to get an overview over the present status and capability to
produce ionosphere products at the different Analysis Centers. In order 
to write a position paper we would like to get from you the following
input:

- Who is interested to contribute with ionosphere products to the IGS ?

- Who is principally able to produce ionosphere products ?
         If yes, which ionosphere products (TEC maps, differential
         delays) ? Could you please provide a short description or give
         a reference about the modeling you can do (e.g. time resolution,
         extent (i.e. local, regional, global), reference frame, mapping
         function, shell height, elevation cutoff, mathematical models,
         TEC map grid interval) ?
        
- Who is already so far to produce ionosphere products on routine
         basis? If not, until when he/she can complete software upgrades
         to participate to a routine service ?

- Who has already implemented the IONEX format into his/hers software ?

It would be nice, if everybody of you could deliver us some information 
until 12 January. Your answers should be directed to the GPS-IONO list.

Thank you very much and Best regards             Stefan and Joachim

[Mailed From: [email-masked] (J. Feltens x2078 A239 mbp/fcsd/oad)]