Subject: [IGSMAIL-1745] COSPAR Scientific Meeting, Nagoya, 12-19 July 1998
From: John M. Dow
Date: Fri, 5 Dec 1997 10:41:56 PST

******************************************************************************
IGS Electronic Mail      Fri Dec  5 10:41:56 PST 1997      Message Number 1745
******************************************************************************

Author: John M. Dow
Subject: COSPAR Scientific Meeting, Nagoya, 12-19 July 1998

Subject: COSPAR Scientific Meeting, Nagoya, 12-19 July 1998

Dear colleagues,

We would like to draw your attention to the following Symposium taking
place during the next COSPAR Scientific Assembly in Nagoya, July 1998
(in the week preceeding the Western Pacific Geophysics Meeting).

Abstracts are due by 9 January 1998. Full details of the COSPAR meeting
can be found in the COSPAR web pages at 

         http://www.mpae.gwdg.de/COSPAR/COSPAR.html

Best regards,
John M. Dow (for COSPAR PSD) and Gerhard Beutler (for CSTG).

----------------------------------------------------------------------

PSD1 Satellite Dynamics, Orbit Analysis and Combination of Space
Techniques

Date: 17-18 July 1998

Type: Symposium

Program Committee

Main Scientific Organizer: J.M. Dow (Germany) 

Deputy Organizers: G. Beutler (Switzerland), R. Kolenkiewicz (USA)

Organizing Committee: J.M. Dow (Germany), R. Kolenkiewicz (USA), G.
Beutler (Switzerland), B. Ambrosius (The Netherlands), R. Eanes (USA),
T. Herring (USA), J. Kawaguchi(Japan), S. Kawase (Japan), P. Moore (UK),
M. Murata (Japan), L. Sehnal (Czech Republic), P. Willis (France), J.
Zielinski (Poland)

Information on the Program

This symposium is being organized jointly by the COSPAR Panel on
Satellite Dynamics and the IAG/COSPAR Commission for International
Coordination of Space Techniques for Geodesy and Geodynamics (CSTG).
Contributions are solicited on the following and related topics: (1)
Theory of orbital and attitude motion; (2) Techniques of orbit and
attitude determination for earth, planetary and interplanetary probes;
(3) Precise orbit determination and force model developments for GPS and
GLONASS; (4) Precise orbit determination with SLR, GPS, PRARE, DORIS or
other advanced techniques; (5) Non-conservative forces; (6) Combination
of different observation techniques (e.g. GPS, GLONASS, SLR, DORIS, ...)
for calibration and science; (7) Dynamical aspects of new missions
(oceanographic, gepotential, atmospheric, ...).

Abstracts to

Original to Copernicus Gesellschaft

Copy to Main Scientific Organizer:

John M. Dow, ESA, European Space Operation Centre, Robert-Bosch-Str. 5,
64293 Darmstadt, Germany,
Phone: +49-6151-902-272, Fax: +49-6151-904-272, E-mail: [email-masked]

Editor(s): G. Beutler, J.M. Dow

[Mailed From: "John M. Dow" <[email-masked]>]