Subject: [IGSMAIL-172] NY ALESUND ROGUE
From: George Preiss
Date: 14 JAN 1993 16:51:48

***********************************************************************
IGS Electronic Mail       14-JAN-1993 16:51:48       Message Number 172
***********************************************************************

From:     George Preiss
Subject:  NY ALESUND ROGUE
--------------------------

Dated: 1045 UTC, Thu Jan 14 1993                      My reference:  E141/93

*** Please quote my reference in replies ***

Dear Colleagues

ROGUE RECEIVER AT NY ALESUND

The difficulties with the Rogue at Ny Alesund have already been explained in
IGSMAIL message number 135.

At approximately 1230 UTC on 13 January 1993, the Rogue became operational
again. However, due to the weather conditions, the eccentricity of the antenna
has not yet been checked and confirmed.

We will issue another IGSMAIL message as soon as the eccentricity has been
confirmed. Our man is already on his way up to Ny Alesund, and we expect to be
able to issue this confirmatory message early next week.

With best regards,

George Preiss

===========================================================================
George Preiss                                
-------------
Geodetic Institute              Voice:       +47-67-18393
Norwegian Mapping Authority     Switchboard: +47-67-18100
(Statens Kartverk)              Telefax:     +47-67-18101
Kartverksveien                  Telex:       79636 KARTV-N
N-3500 HONEFOSS                 E-Mail:      [email-masked]
Norway                          Home:        +47-67-42667                  
                                    
Local Time:                     UTC plus 1 hour (winter)
                                UTC plus 2 hours (summer)

Normal Office Hours:            0800 to 1600 hours local
===========================================================================