Subject: [IGSMAIL-1695] GODE Barometric Errors
From: Charles (Chuck) Kodak
Date: Sat, 4 Oct 1997 7:59:31 PDT

******************************************************************************
IGS Electronic Mail      Sat Oct  4  7:59:31 PDT 1997      Message Number 1695
******************************************************************************

Author: Charles (Chuck) Kodak  
Subject: GODE Barometric Errors

Subject: Defective Barometric Data,  GODE site

Meteorological data collected at the Goddard Geophysical and Astronomical
Observatory(GGAO) between the dates of doy 245 (9/2/97) and doy 266 (9/23/97)
contain erroneous barometric pressures and should not be trusted.  The
effected files as stored on CDDIS have names of WX245Z.log through WX266Z.log.  
Data collected before and after the listed dates are safe for use.

The problem with the barometric pressure measurements was caused by insects
entering into the vent sealing the tube preventing  pressures from changing 
inside  it. The sealed tube reacted to changes in temperature and not 
barometric pressure.  The obstruction was cleared from the tube and new 
filter installed to prevent future problems.

We reqret any inconvenience.

[Mailed From: [email-masked] (GGAO MV3 Archive Computer)]