Subject: [IGSMAIL-1606] NOAA ERP's update
From: William Kass
Date: Fri, 16 May 1997 10:39:27 PDT

******************************************************************************
IGS Electronic Mail      Fri May 16 10:39:27 PDT 1997      Message Number 1606
******************************************************************************

Author: William Kass
Subject: NOAA ERP's update

Subject: NOAA's Earth Orientation Parameter files.

Dear Colleagues,

Beginning April 1, 1997, NOAA inadvertently began misapplying the
a priori polar motion values released by the United States Naval 
Observatory.  This resulted in incorrect computed values in NOAA's 
Earth Orientation Parameter (EOP) files (i.e., ngs08997.erp, 
ngs09007.erp, ngs09017.erp, ngs09027.erp, and ngs09037.erp) and 
NOAA's Sinex files (i.e., ngs08997.snx, ngs09007.snx, ngs09017.snx, 
ngs09027.snx, and ngs09037.snx).

The daily orbit files (i.e., ngsWWWWn.sp3) were not affected.

The EOP files and the Sinex files have been corrected (16 May, 1997) 
and have been resubmitted to CDDIS.

NOAA apologizes for any inconvenience.

Sincerely,

William Kass
DOC/NOAA/NOS

========================================================================
William Kass                       Telephone: (301) 713-3209  ext.164
Spatial Reference System Branch    FAX:       (301) 713-4322
National Geodetic Survey, NOAA     Email:     [email-masked]
1315 East West Highway
Silver Spring, Md  20910-3282
========================================================================

[Mailed From: bill kass <[email-masked]>]