Subject: [IGSMAIL-160] GPS Global Network Advisory
From: Ulf J. Lindqwister/JPL
Date: 7 JAN 1993 09:08:06

***********************************************************************
IGS Electronic Mail        7-JAN-1993 09:08:06       Message Number 160
***********************************************************************

From:		Ulf J. Lindqwister/JPL
Subject:	GPS Global Network Advisory: New FLINN Site Installed
---------------------------------------------------------------------

A permanent GPS receiver has been installed at Pie Town, New Mexico, as part of
the North American Fiducial Network, organized by Geoff Blewitt (JPL) and Tom
Clark (GSFC), where ultimately 12 GPS receivers will be co-located with VLBA
antennas. The GPS monument was installed by Vaughn Nelson and Mark Bryant from
GSFC. A TurboRogue (Rogue SNR-8000) GPS receiver was installed on December 30,
1992, by Steve Dinardo (JPL) and data is now appearing regularly from the site
and should be available on the CDDIS. The height from the monument to the
top of the choke ring is: 0.163 m. Note that the height from top to bottom
of the choke ring is: 0.106 cm for TurboRogue choke rings (this height
is in comparison 0.070 cm for Rogue choke rings). The TurboRogue antenna itself
is the same as for the Rogue, hence the phase center is expected to be very
similar (but not identical since the choke rings are different between the
two receivers, which will modify the phase center - but this effect is expected
to be small). We are still waiting for accurate site tie information between
the GPS monument and the VLBA monument. The approximate XYZ coordinates of
the GPS antenna is: -1640882.5849 -5014790.3071  3575445.3681 in units of
meters (good to ~10-20 m).
                
The next site to be installed is North Liberty, Iowa, which will occur in
the next 4-6 weeks.

Regards,

- Ulf

Ulf J. Lindqwister
GPS Networks & Operations Group
Jet Propulsion Laboratory
4800 Oak Grove Dr.
Pasadena, CA 91109

(818) 354 1734
(818) 393 4965, FAX
[email-masked]