Subject: [IGSMAIL-1578] GLONASS Data Center for IGS
From: Werner Gurtner
Date: Sun, 6 Apr 1997 5:10:40 PDT

******************************************************************************
IGS Electronic Mail      Sun Apr  6  5:10:40 PDT 1997      Message Number 1578
******************************************************************************

Author: Werner Gurtner
Subject: GLONASS Data Center for IGS

IGS GLONASS Data Center
***********************

At its most recent meeting in March 1997 the IGS Governing Board decided to
take the first steps to include GLONASS into its activities.

* The Global Data Center at the Institut Geographique National (IGN) in Paris
  agreed to set up an area on one of their anonymous ftp accounts to store
  and make available tracking data collected by GLONASS-only or preferably by
  combined GPS/GLONASS receivers at IGS sites.

* The data format is RINEX for the observations and the navigation message
  data following the recently published GLONASS extensions (April 1997).

  The file contents should follow the same rules as used for GPS files within
  the IGS community, namely daily files from 00:00:00 till 23:59:30, sampling
  rate 30 seconds, mixed observation files preferably in the GPS time system.

* Naming conventions follow the IGS standards, compressed GLONASS Navigation
  Message Files are named as follows:

  ssssdddf.yyG.Z on UNIX systems and sssdddf.yyG_Z on VMS systems.

  ssss: site code, ddd: day of the year, f: file sequence number (0), yy: year
  
* For a first period, i.e. until a substantial number of GLONASS tracking
  sites are providing data, the data flow will be kept very simple, i.e. the
  tracking sites or Operational Centers send their files directly to the
  GLONASS Data Center at IGN.

* Access information:

  Internet address:  bach.ensg.ign.fr
  User:              anonymous
  Directories:       /pub/glonass/data/'yyyy'/'ddd'

                     with 'yyyy' = year
                          'ddd'  = day of the year

* We invite every IGS tracking site collocating a GLONASS or GPS/GLONASS
  receiver to send such data in RINEX format to the GLONASS Data Center.
  Please contact the IGS Central Bureau regarding station log, 4-character code,
  and DOMES number, as usual.

* We encourage everybody interested in the geodetic applications of GLONASS data
  to use these datasets for his/her investigations. Any feed-back of course
  is welcome.

Werner Gurtner
IGS Central Bureau

[Mailed From: Werner Gurtner <[email-masked]>]